Translate

Monday 2 November 2015

Victoria cake sandwich

I was inspired to do this cake after I watched a cooking program during our lunch break. There are loads of recipes online and I tried this recipe from Bbcgoodfood.com


I followed this recipe but I replaced with cake flour and added 2 tablespoons of plain flour 
The caster sugar I reduced to 150gm as I didn't want to have too sweet a cake as it will be sandwiched with icing butter cream later 


Lovely cake texture

Ingredients 
200 gm unsalted butter softened
4 eggs slightly beaten to room temp
200 gm cake flour with 2 tbsp plain flour
(Original is self raising flour 200 gm)
1 tsp baking powder
150 gm caster sugar - original is 200 gm 
2 tbsp milk room temp
In addition I used 1 tsp of vanilla extract

Method ( slightly different )
In the mixer place the softened butter n caster sugar. Cream till light.

Creaming

Then slowly add in the beaten egg n whisk in till incorporated
If curdled add in a tbsp of flour
Then beat in vanilla n milk
Then beat in flour and baking powder  all at once

Put the cream equally into 2 8 inch pans greased n lined and greased again 
Bake at 160-170c for 20 minutes 
Cool them on wire rack 



Icing buttercream
Use 100 gm softened unsalted butter and beat with 140 sifted icing sugar

When cakes cool, spread the filling into the cake n top it with your favorite jam
Sandwich with the top layer with cake
Sift some icing sugar on top layer and it's done!




Great with tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment