Translate

Thursday 26 December 2013

Danish cookies with grated cheese



I made done Danish cookies with this recipe http://www.grouprecipes.com/30951/homemade-danish-butter-cookies.html

I changed the recipe to 1.5 cups of plain flour and 1/2 cup of potato starch n omitted the vanilla essence.

I also added some grated cheese on top of the cookies before baking . 

I like this recipe as I did not have to chill the dough and I can use it straight away. 

The cookies remained crunchy the next day and I am quite pleased with them.

Use 150gm unsalted butter n cream with 1 cup caster sugar. 
Add one egg n cream. 
Fold in sifted dry ingredients - 1.5 cups plain flour, 1/2 cup potato starch, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp cream of tartar bit by bit. 
Add vanilla  1/2 tsp - I omitted. Roll into small balls n place in lined baking tray. Bake at 180c. For abt 12 mins. Press on some grated cheese before baking. 
I used potato flour but original only plain flour. No need to chill the dough.


Folding in the flour



The dough is ready - no need to chill


You can sprinkle grated cheese n press with a fork or leave them alone


after baking 

For browner cookies up to max 14 mins but depending on your own oven heat check on them at 10-11 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment