Translate

Sunday 26 April 2015

Stuffed Bitter Gourd with minced meat

Today I decided to do minced meat stuffed bitter gourd rings. When I was young I avoided all sorts of vegetables n eating bitter gourd - no way!

I was introduced to eating bitter gourd through my hubby who loves bitter gourd soup.

Anyway today I am trying out a recipe from this link


I don't know if my bean sauce is the same as the author's. 

Recipe 
One bitter gourd washed n cut into 8 sections (about 400gm) I discarded the ends 
Minced pork about 200gm 

Pork marinade 
Kikkoman soy sauce 1 & 1/2 tsp
Fine sugar 1/2 tsp
Pepper sprinkle
Corn starch 2 tbsp



Gravy 
A little oil
2 pcs garlic crushed 
1 tbsp black bean sauce
1/3 cup water ( I increased to 1/2 cup)
Sprinkle of sugar


Method
Heat some  oil in a pan
Place the bitter gourd on pan n fry at high heat
Then turn down to medium heat n fry till bitter gourd colour turn a bit brown
Flip over n cook the same way 
Remove onto plate 

Add more oil n fry garlic n the bean paste together. Stir quickly.
Add in the bitter gourd again, add the water n sprinkle some sugar n let the water boil.
Cover the pan and cook further. 
This will help the bitter gourd to soften n ensure the minced meat is cooked .
Dish up n plate n pour the gravy over the bitter gourds.
I'm quite pleased with minced meat taste. 
The gravy wasn't salty as I was quite scared when using the bean paste.
The bitter gourds was still not as soft as I wanted them so I think I can let them cook longer when covered the next round. 

The bitter gourd n minced meat

Cut n use a small spoon to remove the seeds 

Put the minced meat in


I used this brand of bean paste 

Cooking with bean paste 

Cross section 

Enjoy them with rice! Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment