Translate

Friday 25 September 2015

Cabbage salad


Yesterday I had a great Japanese lunch which included a salad. So today while doing marketing I shopped for cabbage to recreate it.

Actually I am not too sure which type but I ruled out Beijing cabbage as I think I use that for stir fry n soups,

I bought this instead

 
I chose a sugar loaf cabbage

Recipe
Sugar loaf cabbage 1/2 shredded finely 
Kikkoman soy sauce 4 tsp
White sesame oil 2 tsp 
Mizkan sushi seasoning 4 tsp 
Heinz cocktail sauce
Cherry tomatoes halved
Frozen mixed vegetables
Sunflower seeds (optional)


Method
Cut the cabbage into half 
Discard outer layer 1st piece if too dirty
Slice the cabbage thinly ( next time I will do more thin)
Throw away the hard end of cabbage
Rinse the cabbage - drain n place in a large bowl n chill in the fridge about ten minutes 

Prepare the sauce
Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, sushi seasoning in a small bowl with a teaspoon

Wash a handful of frozen mixed vegetables 
Microwave with water and a pinch of salt
I used one minute
Drain the water away

Portion the chilled cabbage into 4 bowls 
Spoon some prepared sauce over 
Squeeze some cocktail sauce on top 
Spoon some cooked mixed vegetables on the cocktail sauce
Add a few cherry tomatoes 
Sprinkle the sunflower seeds

Ready to eat!

Note : 
I made this sauce without any sugar - healthier for my hubby
It tastes a bit tangy and whets your appetite 
The cabbage is crunchy n nice to eat

No comments:

Post a Comment