I learnt how to do this after watching a Japanese man cook them on youtube.
1. Use room temperature eggs.
2. Boil a pot of water - enough to cover the eggs.
3. Lower the temp till water just simmering.
4. Set your timer to 6 minutes
5. Add in the eggs
6. Prepare a large bowl of iced water.
7. Remove eggs from boiling water n place in iced water- this step helps to stop eggs cooking further.
8. When cool to handle , roll each egg before peeling the shells.
9. Cut into halves. Serve with sprinkled salt n pepper if desired.