Translate

Monday 6 October 2014

Chocolate Cookies

Crunchy chocolate cookies... Looks good right?

I even made 2 cookies and piped my children's names for them. They have eaten them up once the chocolate set.

I bought this recipe book from Popular bookshop yesterday and it contains 365 recipes by renowned chefs in the region. 


The cookies I just did is from a recipe inside the book by Patsie Cheong. Her cookies are covered fully with melted chocolate whereas I did mine differently.


This is how they look like.

Recipe
Ingredients A
125gm unsalted butter I used SCS
100 gm icing sugar
1 egg yolk

Ingredients B sifted
200 gm plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder - I used Hershey's

Ingredient C
100 gm cooking chocolate double boil till melted 
Decorations - can be m & ms, sugar grains, coloured sprinkles etc

Method
1. Put ingredients A into a mixing bowl n beat till creamy. Then add in the B mix n use a spatula to slowly stir into a dough.
2. Weigh it. I weighed my dough n is 440 gm. I divided it into 20 gm portions.
You can divide into smaller portions if you want yours to look like the original.
3. Line baking trays with baking paper or grease.
4. Form sticks with dough n place spaced apart on the tray as they will expand slightly.
5. Preheat oven to 180 deg celcius and bake for15 minutes.
6. I also made heart shape cookies with a cookie cutter.
7. Let the cookies cool before piping with melted chocolate. Use a piping bag.
8. Decorate as desired . I popped the tray into the fridge to let the chocolate harden. 
9. Take note for the chocolate to harden completely, you need I think at least 1-2 hours chilling.
To store the cookies I lined the box n layered with baking paper between the cookies. 


Ingredients used

The dough - easy to hold but when you press into shape do it on baking paper 

Each dough 20 gm

Stick shapes

Heart shapes

After baking 

I used Van Houten baking chocolate

Weigh 100 gm

Melted chocolate in piping bag and m & ms

Heart shape cookies 

Stick cookies

Enjoy them with your tea or milk. Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment