Translate

Sunday 26 October 2014

Raisin butter rice with cashew nuts


This is a simple rice tasty flavour and cooked over a stove in my pan.


I followed the recipe above and changed the almonds to cashew nuts

Ingredients to use 

1 tbsp butter
1/3 cup finely chopped onions
1 cup uncooked rice ( I rinsed)
2 tablespoon raisins ( I used a mix of raisins)
1 n 1/2 cup chicken broth
Salt n pepper to taste 
1/4 cup of almonds ( I replaced with about 1 cup of cashew nuts - toasted)

Method
Melt the butter in the saucepan.
Sauté the onions n then add the rice, chicken broth, salt, pepper all at once.
When the broth boils, lower the heat to low and cover.
Observe for about 5 minutes n stir the rice a little and cover again.
Do it again in closer intervals.
This way the rice will not get burnt.
It only takes about 15 minutes to cook.
When all the liquid is absorbed your rice should be cooked. 
Stir in the cashew nuts.
Serve with a meat side dish if you prefer.

Water starts to bubble 

Dinner is served!

I did another bowl with almond flakes this time round.

No comments:

Post a Comment