Translate

Friday 7 November 2014

Pancakes recipe from Nigella Lawson


This pancake recipe is from Nigella Lawson and the texture is firmer - if you are looking for Happy Meal type you won't find it here but they still tastes great!

Kindly refer to this link


My children ate a few pieces and I added bananas to my portion.

What I want to improve on the next batch is to increase the sugar a bit more perhaps another half teaspoon sugar.

Recipe 

1 tbsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 tsp white sugar 
2 large eggs beaten
30 gms butter - I used unsalted - melted and cooled
300 ml milk
225 gms plain flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence - additional 
Butter for frying ( I omitted)

Method
Put everything inside the blender and blend.
I did it the conventional way. I placed everything in a measuring jug and used my whisk.
Make sure the flour at the bottom get mixed in too.
Heat the non stick pan on low heat.
Pour the batter into the pan.
Mine are about 4 inches wide.
When you see the surface bubbling or blister, flip the pancake over and cook for another 2 minute or less.

If you want to make banana pancake, pour the batter onto the pan, then wait a few seconds, cut 4 thin slices of banana n place into the pancake.
Use slight pressure and push into the pancake.
When the bubbles appear, flip it over.
Cook it another 40 seconds or so. 
The bananas will be nicely caramelized.




My larger pancake 

Serve with maple syrup or some strawberry jam.

Today I replaced the butter with corn oil n the caster sugar with icing sugar and it worked as well.



Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment