Translate

Sunday 9 November 2014

Garlic Butter Prawns




These prawns were oven roasted using garlic butter. The recipe is from Deliaonline the link is here 


I only found it troublesome to remove all the shells and heads and the 'intestines ' of the tiger prawns.

I bought only 8 pcs and they came up to $8.44. I bought them from Sheng Shiong but you can purchase these at any wet market or supermarket. 

I omitted serving with parsley as I didn't purchase any fresh herbs, I used dried parsley for seasoning. 

Recipe was for 20 prawns but mine was only half portion 

Remove the head and the shell of prawns leaving the tail.
Slit the prawn on its back and remove the intestine.
Wash n dry with paper towels and set aside.

Prepare the seasoning
Crush 2 pcs of garlic
Use about 30 gm unsalted butter - softened
1/2 tbsp dried parsley ( use fresh if you have)
Grate 1/2 lemon zest and juice
Some salt and black pepper.
Mix all the above n apply to the prawns.
Place them on a buttered tray or baking dish.

Pre heat oven to 220 deg celcius. 

Place in top shelf and cook for 5 minutes if using a tray and 6-7 minutes if using the dish.

My prawns didn't spread out flat but sort of curled up 

Serve with lemon slices and sprinkled with parsley.


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment