Translate

Tuesday 4 November 2014

Thin crust pizza recipe from Jamie Oliver


It has been a long while since I last made pizza. After tasting a thin crust pizza during an outing, I decided to try and make a thin crust pizza too.

After checking several internet recipes I found Jamie Oliver's recipe. As his recipe is for several pizzas , I halved the amount . Even so, the dough was enough for 4 pcs of 8 inch pizza.


I kept half a pizza for the next day for my breakfast. Just heated it up for a few minutes.

Oh, Jamie Oliver has a restaurant in Singapore at Vivo City. Jamie's Italian. I have to go and try the food there one day.



Recipe for half portion
Yeast mixture
Active dried Yeast 1 sachet 7 gm
About 325ml lukewarm water
1 tablespoon caster sugar

Dough
400 gm bread flour
200 gm semolina flour
1/2 tbsp of fine salt

Method
Mix the flour and salt together in a big mixing bowl.
Mix the yeast ingredients in a bowl n stir with a fork. Cover the bowl. 
Let the mixture bubble. 

After a few minutes the mixture is ready.
Make a well in the flour mixture.
Pour the mixture into the well and use a fork to stir in the flour. 
When you can no longer stir the flour in, use your hands to knead

Please note I change to using bowl so I just knead inside the bowl. Original he used the workstation 
Knead for 10 minutes till the dough is elastic. I used only 5 minutes.
Place inside another clean greased bowl n cover with cling film.
After 45 minutes, remove half the dough n wrap in cling film n freeze for next use.
Divide the remaining dough into 2 balls . Flour them n wrap in cling film. Rest for 15 minutes.
Roll out the dough n place on greased pizza pan. 
Apply the sauce n toppings.
Bake at 250  deg celcius for 7-10 mins. I used only  200 deg celcius.

Yeast ready

Dough after 5 minutes kneading

After 42 minutes


The rolled dough

I put ham mushroom and pineapple

Topped with cheese

After baking
It was yummy and the crust is 
excellent!

I just did another pizza this time I used yellow capsicum with chicken ham and also wild rocket leaves with Perfect Italiano pizza plus cheese. The base from Prego fresh mushroom sauce.


Another yummy slice!

No comments:

Post a Comment