Would you love to have a bowl of refreshing mango sorbet ice cream in hot Singapore weather? I do!
I made this effortlessly. Following is the link to how to make this without an ice cream machine.
Mango Sorbet Ice Cream recipe from About.com by Darlene Schmidt
I would recommend to reduce the sugar if you are using super sweet mangoes.
2 fresh ripe mangoes (Taiwan Mangoes)
1 cup white sugar (can reduce to ¾ cup if you have very sweet mangoes)
3 tbsp coconut milk
1 tsp lemon juice
1 small container of whipping cream (about 1 cup I used Bulla Thickened Cream)
1. Slice the mangos open and scoop out fruit from the skins and around the stone. Place the fruit inside the blender or food processer. Add the sugar and blitz for 1 minute or until sugar has dissolved and you get puree.
2. Add the coconut milk and lemon juice and briefly blitz for a few seconds.
3. Pour the mango puree into a bowl while you use the blender to whip the whipping cream until form stiff peaks.
4. Add the mango puree back to the whipped cream and blitz for 5-10 seconds or until you get a mango cream consistency. Pour into a large ice cream container (1 litre) . Freeze for at least 6 hrs, preferably 8 hrs.
5. To serve, take out from freezer at least 10 to 15 minutes before scooping out.
Blitz Mango with sugar and add coconut milk and lemon to blitz again
Remove into bowls
Blitz whipping cream till stiff peaks
Add in mango puree to blend till mango cream consistency
Pour into a 1 litre tub and freeze 6-8 hours
After frozen overnight....
Serve your ice cream with some dark chocolate and cubed mangos all round...yummy!!