Translate

Friday 10 May 2013

Donuts

This recipe is taken from Alex Goh's cookbook "The World of Bread". When I finally made these, I felt really contented.  They taste great!


They are not the regular large donuts because I don't own any donut cutter.

Ingredients are as follows:

A. 300g Bread Flour, 200 g Plain Flour, 10g salt, 60g sugar, 20g milk powder, 1/2 tbsp baking powder, 3 1/2 tsps instant yeast.

B. 2 Egg yolks, 280 ml cold water

C. 50g shortening

1. Mix A till well blended. Then add B and knead to form a dough.

2. Add C, knead to form a smooth dough.
 
3.  Cover this dough with a wet cloth and leave it to prove for 45 mins or till it doubles in size.
 
4.  Mould it into a ball and rest for 15 minutes.
 
5. Roll it out into a thin sheet about 10 mm thick, then cut it with a donut cutter.
 
for this step, I floured my table a little before I used my floured rolling pin. 
 
To form the donut shapes, I used my biscuit cutter and the back end of a frosting tip.
 
 

 


Lift up the donuts and put on a floured tray.  The center pc can be used also.
 
 
 
When all the dough has been cut up, please cover with a wet cloth or put in a cupboard and leave to prove for 35 minutes.
 
 
This is a picture of my donuts after proving, I also cut squares and made 2 twisted donuts.
 

Fry them in small batches.  When brown on one side, flip and cook the other side.  2-3 mins on each side.

 
When still hot, dip the donuts into the caster sugar, or make cinnamon sugar (1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon powder)

 

Yummy donuts!
 

 
 


 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment