They are not the regular large donuts because I don't own any donut cutter.
Ingredients are as follows:
A. 300g Bread Flour, 200 g Plain Flour, 10g salt, 60g sugar, 20g milk powder, 1/2 tbsp baking powder, 3 1/2 tsps instant yeast.
B. 2 Egg yolks, 280 ml cold water
C. 50g shortening
1. Mix A till well blended. Then add B and knead to form a dough.
2. Add C, knead to form a smooth dough.
3. Cover this dough with a wet cloth and leave it to prove for 45 mins or till it doubles in size.
4. Mould it into a ball and rest for 15 minutes.
5. Roll it out into a thin sheet about 10 mm thick, then cut it with a donut cutter.
for this step, I floured my table a little before I used my floured rolling pin.
To form the donut shapes, I used my biscuit cutter and the back end of a frosting tip.
Lift up the donuts and put on a floured tray. The center pc can be used also.
When all the dough has been cut up, please cover with a wet cloth or put in a cupboard and leave to prove for 35 minutes.
This is a picture of my donuts after proving, I also cut squares and made 2 twisted donuts.
Fry them in small batches. When brown on one side, flip and cook the other side. 2-3 mins on each side.
When still hot, dip the donuts into the caster sugar, or make cinnamon sugar (1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon powder)