1 large Mango ( I used Indian Mango - I used to use Thai mangos, but Indian Mango is bigger)
1 & 1/4 cup self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup caster sugar
100 g butter (I used unsalted SCS brand)
1/4 cup milk or mango juice (I used the juice and some milk)
1 tablespoon corn oil
- Mix flour, baking powder and sugar
- Scoop out the flesh of one half of mango and add to the dry mixture. I also added in the chips here. Mix by spoon.
- Extract juice from the large pip or stone by hand.
- Add eggs, oil and softened butter. Mix by hand. Add mango juice and/or milk.
- Blend by hand or electric mixer till batter is smooth.
- Cube the remaning mango and add to the mixture until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into muffin cases.
- Bake at 220 degree celcius.
- Original recipe says bake for 20 minutes. I used about 17 mins. The top browns a bit so maybe you can rotate the tray in the last 5 minutes.
- I think they taste better served warm.
The bowl contains the juice squeezed from the pip and the mango cubed.
Mixing in the mango at step 6.
I managed to make 7 muffins.