This is quite an amazing dish- easy to make n dish up.
I adapted the recipe from allrecipes.com.au
I bought this butternut pumpkin from Fairprice.
I also used this feta cheese for garnishing
1/4 butternut pumpkin (see picture above)
2 tablespoon of olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 sprig of Chinese parsley - chopped ( I chose only the leaves)
pinch of some salt
about 1 tsp of dried thyme (optional)
1 or more Portobello mushroom, gill removed and cut into cubes
2 tablespoon of Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Use about 1-2 cm thickness of Feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 Celcius.
- Remove as much as possible the skin of the pumpkin using a peeler n also the seeds.
- Cut the pumpkin to 1 cm thick slices.
- Mince the garlic.
- Chop the parsley.
- Add in cubed Portobello mushroom
- Put inside a baking tin.
- Add in the olive oil, sprinkled salt, thyme (optional) and drizzle the Kikkoman Soy Sauce. Mix everything up.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. I used about 25 minutes.
- Dish up and serve with some crumbled feta cheese.
Note : There may be some skin left on the pumpkin.
My husband ate everything but I am a picky eater, and left some skin behind.
Serves 2 persons.
Suggested to serve with a green salad as a meal.