Translate

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread


This is the first time I am using pumpkin in bread n this recipe comes from http://www.bakedbyrachel.com/2013/10/pumpkin-cinnamon-swirl-bread-recipe/
 
Please follow the above link to get the method.
 
Dough
1/2 cup milk, heated to 115F  ( so I warmed up the milk and added in half unwarmed milk)
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
1/3 cup plus 1 tsp granulated sugar, divided
1 egg
1 cup pumpkin puree - steamed the pumpkin and mash it
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
Pinch ground cloves
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cup - 4 cup all purpose flour
 
Filling
2 tbsp. unsalted butter,softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
 
Egg Wash
1 egg
1 tbsp. water
 
Note :
I omitted the ground cloves and I also could not fit the loaf into my regular loaf tin



Spices used



After proofing the dough - mixed spice filling n unsalted butter



Rolled out dough to spread the butter n filling


After baking / I couldn't fit into my regular loaf tin n I flipped the dough over


 
The bread is really very soft, next time I may divide the dough into 2 portions so that I can fit them into 2 regular loaf tins.
 
I also served my bread with some Planta margarine to eat.
 
Hope you enjoy baking this marvelous soft bread - thanks to Rachel's recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment