Translate

Monday 21 October 2013

Kek Sarang Semut


This is the first time I made kueh n this using the oven to bake 

I like the caramel taste n my friends also liked the taste.


 
Please refer to original recipe written in Malay from sue-hasue.blogspot


Please pardon any inaccuracies from the translation if any.
 
Recipe -
125 gm butter melted and cooled.
4 eggs
1/4 cup condensed milk or 2 tablespoon
1 cup plain flour
1 cup water
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoon bicarbonate.
 
Method
 
1. Melt the butter and cool.
 2. Fry the sugar till melt and turn brown.
3. Add the cup of water to it and stir (this part I didn't do too well because the sugar crystallise a bit). cool this sugar water.
4. Beat the eggs lightly and add in condensed milk, stir to combine. Add in the melted butter, flour and bicarbonate. Add in the cooled sugar water and whisk to combine. (remember must really cool the sugar water)
5. Grease a 7 x 7 inch baking pan and sieve the mixture into the pan. Leave inside for 3-4 hours. Bake at 180C for 45 minutes.
 
The result, the sides of my cake turn browner. I cut off about 1.5cm off each side in case that portion tastes burnt.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment