Translate

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Ham n Cheese Bun



These are very soft sweet buns with a savory taste to it.

The original recipe by Khoo See Yew's recipe book DIY Home Bread mayonaise cheese bread.

I have made some changes to it by adding some chicken ham for filling.
I also did an egg glaze instead of spraying with water.


Recipe - makes 10 buns you will need approximately 3.5 hours

Ingredients 
A-
230 gm bread flour/high protein flour 
5 gm instant yeast
170gm water
1/8 tsp bread improver(omitted)

B- 
20gm egg
60 gm castor sugar 
1/4 tsp salt
25 gm cold water
2.5 gm instant yeast

C
30 gm butter(softened)
100 gm bread flour ( I used an additional 10-20gm)

Filling
3 slices of cheese diced
2 tbsp mayonnaise
25 gm castor sugar

Additional 3 slices of cheese for topping


Method
1. Mix A till even n rest for 1 hour- 1.5 hours. I used my k beater. I rested only 1 hour. Covered with cling film in my cupboard.

2. Add B to A, mix till smooth dough, add in C  n knead ( I used hands on) to firm a smooth dough. Occasionally I added a sprinkle of flour as I found the dough too wet. Rest for 15 mins. Covered with cling film.

3. Divide into 60 gm each n shape into balls, let them rest 5-10 minutes.

4. Flatten dough, wrap in filling, knead to round balls, placed on greased tray let it prove to double the size. Maybe around 30 minutes. I didn't use greased tray but paper trays for buns.

5. Apply balance egg as egg wash to buns n place the 2 strips of cheese in a X position.
Pipe out some mayonnaise in circles  ( I omitted)

6. Bake at 190 celcius for 10-12 minutes.

Using the cornell oven I used convection mode middle rack about 13 minutes till the x shape of the cheese becomes pronounced.

Remove from oven n cool before storing in airtight container.


Happy Baking!!


No comments:

Post a Comment