Translate

Saturday 5 October 2013

Oatmeal n raisin cookies

Oatmeal and raisin cookies
 
When I received a packet of oatmeal, I was really perplexed. I didn't know what to do with a 1kg of oatmeal.  In my memory, I didn't think oatmeal was delicious at all... so I decided to use them for other purpose.
 
Yesterday, my colleague bought some Quaker cookies and they were delicious! I decided to try using the Quaker recipe even though my oatmeal were not Quaker brand.
 
Here is the recipe
 
Ingredients
 
1 cup and 6 tablespoon of butter, softened -I used 195gm butter (SCS)
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar (I used caster sugar)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 and 1/2 cup of plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups of Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked) I used Captain Oats quick cook oatmeal
1 cup raisin
 
Method
  1. Heat oven to 180C .In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. I used an electric hand mixer.
  2. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
  3. Add plain flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix well. 
  4. Add oats and raisins, mix well.
  5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie trays. Please space out as the cookies will spread during baking  ( I will recommend to line the trays - I had to use my dough cutter to remove cookies and some broke)
  6. Bake using the middle tray for up to 15 minutes.  Original says 8-10 minutes but they were soft. Cool 1 minute on the trays, remove to wire rack to cool completely.  Store tightly covered.
Most recipes online says cookies can be stored for up to 1 week.  Happy baking!!!
 
 
 
  I used this brand of oatmeal


Mixing the butter n sugars n flours n cinnamon


Added in the oatmeal n raisins



Very wet look after mixing


Space them out on trays


Crunchy cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment