Translate

Saturday 29 June 2013

Crepes

Last night I viewed a online tutorial Mille Crepe Tutorial which made making crepes so easy.  So I thought I would share with everyone my experience making the crepes. 






 
Ingredients you will need :
 
2 eggs room temperature
100 g cake flour (I used Top Flour)
2 tbsp. granulated sugar (I used caster sugar)
2 tbsp. melted butter

250 ml milk room temperature
a few drops vanilla extract



Method :
Sift the top flour into a bowl
Add Sugar and Eggs.  Mix well with your wire whisk.



Add half milk (125ml) . Add melted butter. Mix well.

 
 
Strain batter to remove lumps. Add remaining milk and vanilla.  Mix till smooth.  Cover with cling wrap and leave it to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.

 
 
Wipe your non stick pan with cooking oil. Use medium heat. Pour 1 ladle of batter onto pan. Swirl it to cover the pan. If your ladle is small, you may need 1.5 ladles of batter. Cook till crepe almost dry and flip over and cook about 10 seconds.

 
I flipped it by using one spatula and also my fingers.  Another video showed a person flipping the crepe in the air and catching it.


 
First piece of crepe done.
 
Do the rest of the batter the same way. 
 I find it better if you off the fire before you oil the pan and put the batter in.  Then turn on the fire.




 
I made 7 and a half pieces of crepes.
 

 
This is one style of serving. Fold one crepe into quarters.  Put a scoop of ice cream.  Dust with cocoa powder and dribble chocolate sauce on it.
 
You can also serve the crepe with sliced bananas with coconut sugar and toasted almonds.  Please refer to my posting in January.
 
 
Enjoy!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment