These bite sized treats are so nice they will be gone in a jiffy!
Original recipe comes from Heather Ann Johnson - I changed to bake instead of roast and reduced some ingredients.
14 - 16 pcs of Swiss Brown Mushrooms - I removed the stalks.
3 tablespoon of veg oil
60 gm unsalted butter, softened
3 cloves garlic chopped finely
1 tbsp. dried thyme
1.5 tbsp. lemon juice
freshly ground black pepper
some panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius.
- Panfry the mushrooms cap side down in hot oil for about 20 seconds.
- Arrange the mushooms, stalk up on a baking tray - I lined with foil easier to clean.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice, pepper.
- Spoon a little garlic butter to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. (can roast also)
- Serve warm.
The bread crumbs remain crunchy and the mushrooms tastes very delicious.
I had left over garlic mix which I can use to spread on bread to make garlic toast tomorrow.
Panfry the mushrooms
Garlic butter mix
Spoon the garlic mixture onto mushrooms
Apply panko bread crumbs and press lightly with the back of a teaspoon
Your yummy mushrooms are ready!
Toasted soft meal bread with the garlic butter