A waft of sweetness fills the air from this Spare Pork Ribs Winter Melon soup.
Original recipe comes from www.ifood.tv Healthy Chinese Winter Melon Soup Recipe
Many families cook soup but since I am a working, I mostly leave the cooking to my helper. It has been a long time since I have really cooked a decent soup for the family and today I have time on hand to boil a good soup. I have reduced the ingredients used from the original recipe.
About 300 gm spare pork ribs (use more if you want just make sure your pot is big enough)
16 pcs of red dates
Winter Melon about 350gm
1.2 litres of water
Salt for seasoning - I used about slightly less than 1 tablespoon.
- Soak red dates about 10 minutes in hot water. Then discard the water.
- Meanwhile, use a small pot to boil water and place the pork inside and boil for about 10 minutes. Discard the water.
- Meanwhile, cut the winter melon skin and cut the melon into smaller pieces.
- Place 1.2 litres of water and put the red dates and winter melon inside. Start boiling.
- After 15 minutes, add in the boiled pork.
- Boil for about 30 minutes and add in the salt.
- Serve the soup with some white rice.
Soaking the red dates in hot water
Winter melon cut to smaller pieces
Place the winter melon and red dates to boil together till sweet fragrance emits about 20 minutes. Add the pork ribs.
Now you can enjoy delicious sweet soup at home. Happy cooking!