Translate

Saturday 21 September 2013

Barley Drink with Honey Rock Sugar

Barley drink is consumed usually for reducing heatiness in the body, Chinese believed.  What I made today is also for that reason.  However, I did not use Chinese Barley but Holland Barley.

 
The soup looks a bit cloudy and yellowish as I have added Rock Honey Sugar
 

Recipe
Ingredients
1 cup of barley
8 cups of water
1.5 pcs of rock honey sugar (according to taste)


Method
  1. Rinse the barley.
  2. Put into a large pot and add 8 cups of water.
  3. Soak for about 10 minutes.
  4. Boil at medium heat. At about 20 minutes, I added in the rock sugar honey.
  5. Boil another 30-40 minutes till a soft texture of the barley is achieved.
Note : I boiled initially with cover but the water keeps boiling over so I turned to uncovered.

 


Benefits of the rock honey sugar - helps control cough, sore throat and loss of voice, toothache,  etc.

Hopefully consuming this will help with my throat still uncomfortable since 2 weeks ago.

 
In the middle of cooking - the grains not expanded enough.
 
 



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment