Translate

Friday 29 November 2013

Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting

 
 
These are one of the easiest batch of cupcakes I have done.  The cupcakes smelt so fantastically aromatic and delicious but too bad I have to store them away to bring to a gathering the next day.
 
You can visit this website www.cupcake-creations.com for more delicious recipes on cupcakes and frosting.
 
Chocolate Cup Cake Recipe
Ingredients
150g butter softened (I used President salted butter)
150g Castor Sugar
175g self-raising flour (Prima brand)
3 eggs (room temperature)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder (I used 2.5)
1 tsp vanilla extract
 
Method
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius . I positioned my rack on bottom.
2. Line a 12 cup cake tin with cup cake papers.
3. Crack the eggs into a cup/bowl and beat lightly with a fork.
4. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
5. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes until light and creamy.
6. Use an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes until risen and firm to touch.  I used about 23 minutes but you can try at 20 minutes to check if they are done.
8. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
9. Allow to cool fully before icing.
 
Butter Cream Frosting Recipe
Ingredients
150g butter softened
250g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp hot water
 
Method
1. Beat together the butter and sugar with an electric beater.
2. Once well combined, add the vanilla and water. Beat until smooth and creamy.
  
 
Use a piping bag and a Wilton 1M to pipe the roses I did on my cupcakes.
 


  Cupcake batter 



  Cupcakes cooling



  Buttercream



Done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment