Translate

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Banana chocolate chip cake

 
After all the excitement of Halloween is over, I finally settled down to do other bakes not related to pumpkin.
 
It's been a long time since I used bananas and I tweaked this recipe and incorporated chocolate chips and cinnamon too for added fragrance to the cake.
 
The original recipe is from simplyrecipes.com.  titled Banana Bread Recipe
 
It is easy to do and you don't need an electric beater.  I chose to do this so that I can involve my daughter as well.
 
Recipe
Ingredients
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
I also added about 1 /3 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips and more for sprinkling on top
about 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
 
Method
 
Preheat the oven to 175 deg celcius. ( I used 170)
Use a wooden spoon to mix the melted butter with the smashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla.
Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
My step - Mix the flour with the cinnamon and chocolate chips. Add in and mix.
Butter one loaf pan and pour the mixture in. Sprinkle more chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 1 hr.  I used about 50 minutes.
Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
 


 
 
Bananas and melted butter



My daughter mixing it up


 
 
Before baking
 
 
 After 50 minutes, crusty chocolate top
 

 
Yummy cake ready to eat!
 
Happy Baking!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment