Translate

Sunday 26 January 2014

Butter Cake with Almond Nibs


Fragrant Butter cake with almond nibs. 

I did so many cookies for the Chinese New Year, I needed a break. So I did Butter Cake. This helped to clear one block of butter from my fridge!

This is an easy butter cake recipe that uses 5 ingredients, almond nibs optional.

Recipe from Alex Goh cookbook using creaming method

250g Butter - softened
200g caster sugar
5 eggs
210 g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Method
1. Cream the butter and sugar in the mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs slowly and mix evenly.
3. Cream the batter till smooth and light.
4. Fold in the flour and baking powder till well blended using a spatula.
5. Pour the batter into a loaf tin ( I used my 9 inch round pan) and bake at 180C for about 50 minutes. Your cake tin should be greased and lined.

Optional - I scattered  almond nibs on the surface before I baked.

I used about 45 mins for my cake. Using the lower tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment