Translate

Thursday 23 January 2014

Butter Cookies


 

These Butter Cookies are really quite tasty n I especially like it because this is my first "rounded" cookies.

This recipe is from Lurpak butter. 

I used unsalted butter n added 1/2 teaspoon of salt. 
 
I also used maple glazed crushed cashew nuts n baking chocolate.


The dough n cashew nuts n baking chocolate used

It was a challenge to use my new oven for this new recipe.

Finally made the best batch at 160 deg cel using convection mode n upper tray for 17 mins.

I attempted again using bake mode upper tray fan mode on 150 deg cel for 19 mins.

I also added a glaze using only beaten egg white to give it a golden shine.

Top n bottom of cookies nicely browned

Recipe in the following photo



Roasted cashew nuts n Hershey semi sweet chocolate 

All mixed in

Unglazed version  of cookies

I found it difficult to cut into slices so I shaped into balls instead

Do try them out today. Happy baking

In addition I also tried heart shaped cookies




These are my latest cookies 

Recipe 
Ingredients 
350gm plain flour
125 gm icing sugar
Unsalted butter (slightly soften)1 block cut into cubes -today I used SCS butter
1 egg
About 3/4 tsp salt 
1 beaten egg for glaze

I sifted the flour, icing sugar n salt together
Added in the egg
Added in the slightly softened cubed butter
Knead into a dough by hand
Place the bowl into the fridge about 40 mins
Prepare your baking trays lined with grease proof baking paper 
Use a teaspoon to scoop n form into round
Press slightly on tray
Apply egg wash
You can decorate with toppings such as chocolate chip, almond nibs n whole almonds
Bake at preheated oven 150 degree celcius for about 19 mins at upper tray.

Please take note my temperature is much different from original temp given in recipe.
Please explore and adjust 
You can also just use egg white as glaze as in my first few batches

Happy baking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment