Translate

Thursday 30 January 2014

Prosperity Pomfret


Chinese New Year reunion dinner is celebrated in my home today n fish is a must.

Today I tried a recipe from my cookbook Gourmet of Fortune.

It is so easy to do n is so delicious!

Recipe 
Ingredients 
1 pomfret (800 gm to 1000gm)
20 gm shredded ginger
20 wolfberries 
Some chopped spring onion
3000 ml water

Seasonings
2 tbsp light soy sauce ( I replaced with Kikkoman soy sauce)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp hua diao wine
1 tsp fragrant oil ( I omitted)

If your pomfret is smaller like mine I lessen the soy sauce n oyster sauce a little. My fish weighed about 550gm.

1. Clean the fish n remove entrails n rinse n make criss cross slits on it.

2. Bring water to a boil . Put the shredded ginger n wolfberries on top of fish.  ( I rubbed some oil on the plate before I placed the pomfret). Add in the oyster sauce n light soy sauce, cover n steam for 15 minutes.

3. Pour in sesame oil, hua diao wine n fragrant oil, sprinkle chopped spring onion on top n serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment