I am using a recipe from Phoon Huat baking class from 2009 but I can no longer find a certain butter in its store.
Hence for this batch I have replaced with Golden Churn butter.
Recipe from Phoon Huat
No Machine Recipe
Butter salted 125gm
Plain Flour 160gm
Egg Yolk 1 no
Milk Powder 1 tablespoon
Caster Sugar 25gm
Vanilla Flavour 1/4 tsp
Pineapple Filling 200 gm for about 25 pcs
Egg wash - I used one egg yolk and 1/2 tablespoon milk beaten together.
1. Prepare your pineapple balls. Line your baking tray.
2. Mix the Butter (soften slightly and cut into pcs into mixing bowl) and sugar and vanilla and slowly add in the egg yolk.
3. Pour in the flour, milk powder, and mix into a dough.
4. Pinch from the dough and weigh to form 11gm.
5. Roll into ball and flatten lightly in the palm of your hand to form a circle.
6. Cover the pineapple filling with the pastry.
7. Shape into rectangular shape.
8. Roll it across the pattern shaper from one end to the other gently but with enough strength so that the pattern can be seen.
9. Apply with egg wash.
10. Bake at 180 or 170 for about 18-20 mins till golden colour.
11. You can apply the glaze again at about 12 mins.
12. For the Cornell oven, I used 160 convection mode 23 minutes middle tray.
I bought this at Fairprice
You can shape the paste into 8 gm balls
Preparing the dough
Shape to ball n press into circle in your palm
Put in the pineapple ball n cover
Original recipe is 180 for 20 mins or golden brown
Using my cornell oven - I used 160 convection mode middle tray.
You may line the trays for easier removal of the pineapple rolls.
A few of mine stuck to the tray.