Translate

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I ended up with 2 very ripe bananas today and decided to turn them into muffins before they get totally wasted.

Took out Chef Wan's Baked Treats book and did his recipe.

 
Nice but not overly sweet taste. Even Joel my very picky son, finished his muffin as a tea time snack today.

Ingredients :


1/2 cup (120gm) softened salted butter
1 cup (180gm) brown sugar'1 egg
1 cup ripe bananas mashed, (I used 2 Delmonte bananas)
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp hot water
1 & 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips - about 35gm I used Hershey's semi sweet
extra bananas to cut into chunks , and chocolate chips to decorate

Method

1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and bananas.


I added the bananas and mashed directly. You can mashed them in another bowl and add in too. Because mine are very soft so I mashed them in the bowl directly.

After mixing.


2. Mix baking soda with hot water and pour into the butter mixture.

3. Fold in flour and salt.  Stir in chocolate chips.



 

4. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups or paper cups. Top each muffin with 2 chunks of banana ( I omitted) and sprinkle with chocolte chips.  Bake in oven preheated to 180C for about 20 minutes. I did mine today for 23 minutes.

 

 
 

After cooling them, you can keep them inside airtight container.  Should be good for 3 days. They can be served cooled or warmed.

Enjoy making them and eating them!
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment